This course offers one-on-one atmosphere in a residential setting.
Have a partner? Want to open your own dog grooming shop?
Have you always wanted to work with dogs? This is the course for the person looking for a career as a dog stylist. Work for any shop worldwide, open your own business, compete in National competitions, the sky is the limit. The first six weeks you will learn all practical skills and the last six weeks is spent critiquing your skills and working on your speed. There is an optional two FREE weeks at the end of the course as a non-paid apprentice when tables are available.
Besides learning every aspect of grooming all the different breeds you will learn:
• Breed Recognition & Dog Behavior, Anatomy and Breed Specific Style Techniques
• Dog Grooming Tools, Equipment, Proper Use & Care
• Blade, Clipping, Blade Work and Techniques
• Bathing/Drying, Finishing, Skin Disorders, Ear Care and Nail Trimming
• Professional Hand Scissoring: Basic and Advanced to include clipper vac system which is optional
• Successful Shop Recommendations, Business Planning, Regulations and Outlines
• Includes Groomer's Assistant Bathers Course - $1400.00 VALUE!
Course completion will give you the solid foundation needed and often required to work, own or run any grooming facility.
Kathy Sanders and Kelsey Ray
Class schedule is in the catalog